Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I’ve managed to fall way behind yet again and have a lot to say. But, it’s late and I won’t get into too much detail about ALL of it. On Wednesday, the 22nd, we got to see little miss again. Abagail is looking great—her heartbeat was 139 beats per minute and her weight was estimated at 4 ½ pounds. By now, it’s entirely possible that she’s packed on another pound or so. And a good thing too—I’d hate for her to suffer like her diminutive mother has all her life. Ha!

It's like she's waving hello to us.


She strikes me as deep in thought here.



Sweet little foot (that likes to kick me in the ribs.)


And another great shot of her sweet face. Aren't those lips cute?!
At last week’s check up, Dr. Waterman gave me another green light for the heartbeat, blood pressure, fundal height, and—get this—I lost a pound! She said it wasn’t unusual. I suppose if it were to happen at every checkup, she’d have to be concerned, but this time around, didn’t seem at all worried about either of us. She recommended that we go and see Dr. Mirabile, the doctor doing the ultrasounds, again on the 20th. It’ll be interesting to see how big she’s gotten by then. There are no doctors' appointments this week, but after we've seen her next week, we'll start on the weekly rotation of appointments.

We met with Dr. Fox, our prospective pediatrician. We really liked her and feel confident in using her as Abagail’s doctor when she arrives. She’s been doing this for more than 20 years, so we can feel good about how long she’s been in the business. We’ve yet to find anyone who has taken or does take their children to her, but if she’s been around that long, I’m sure it won’t take long to find folks. We have had glowing recommendations about the PAs and nurses in the office from some friends who take their kids to Dr. Fields, Dr. Fox’s office partner. Oh my heavens there are just so many things I need to learn. Dr. Fox gave us a summary of when regular checks are needed and what goes on with them. Never would have guessed!

We are taking a "well baby" class, starting this Thursday. Evidently between the 3 hours this Thursday and 3 hours next Thursday, we'll be taught how to be parents. We'll see. We've also got a nutrition class coming up. It's about nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Guess I don't have to drag George to that one, but why not? And what will I be doing on my 31st birthday? The first of 2 nights of a breastfeeding class. If she arrives on time (the due date hasn't changed yet from 09/15) we'll have had time to do all of our classes except for the infant CPR class. We're signed up for that later in September. Hey, nobody can accuse us of not trying to educate ourselves.

Those cursed chairs I’ve been working on are done, the nursery is coming along and we’ve had two amazing showers. We've got pictures of all of that, however, that’s going to have to wait until another day. I’m exhausted (and it’s only 10:30!) but it’s bedtime!











No comments:

Post a Comment