I'm officially 36 weeks along and we're now on the weekly schedule to visit the ob/gyn. My guess is that when we visit tomorrow, we'll get the pros and cons of induction, if the due date will change, etc. I'm still not sure I'm set on induction. I'm one of the biggest planners I know so while it seems so great to know when Abagail should arrive, know my doc can deliver her, know the hospital is fully staffed, etc, but it seems rather unnecessary to schedule the birth. If my body and the baby isn't ready, why do we need medical intervention if there aren't any complications? We'll see. I'm trying to keep an open mind.
According to the scale at the house, I've only clocked in 20 pounds in weight gain. I am extremely happy about that! I'm still feeling surprisingly good, but am getting increasingly uncomfortable. I'm just feeling big, bulky, and belly-rific. My tailbone hurts all the time now. My feel are almost always swollen. I'm starting to wake up quite a few times through the night, which for someone whose always been a heavy sleeper, this is quite an adjustment. But, all in all, if my last 4-5 weeks can only be called "uncomfortable" then I'll shut up and count my blessings for what a breeze this pregnancy truly has been.
I try to describe her movement to George, but I know I do a terrible job. It's intriguing and downright cool to know that's my baby with all that movement in there, but right now, her kicks are so strong that I would really just like to tell her to knock it off occasionally. She is head down (and has been for several weeks) and seems to have developed a passion for punching my bladder. So, while I'm still not sure I'm ready for her to be here, I have reached that point where I'm pretty sure I'm ready for the pregnancy to come to an end.
But, for the good stuff: more pictures! We had our 5th and final ultrasound today. The accessory lobe on the placenta is still present and the ultrasound doc says that while it's possible it will deliver with the rest of the placenta, it's one of those things that you just can't guarantee. That's why we "got" to have all the ultrasounds. He's been trying to monitor just how connected the main part of the placenta is with this accessory lobe. It's tenuous enough he can't even say if it's truly connected or not. But again, this isn't posing a problem to Abagail or to me. The delivery staff just has to be very aware of it when the placenta delivers, otherwise I risk unnecessary bleeding and/or infection.
Abagail's heartbeat was a strong 148 beats per minute. To see that heart beating is just an amazing thing. Her approximated weight is 6 pounds, 11 ounces. She's got some of the chubbiest cheeks I've ever seen-except for when I look at my own baby pictures anyway . . . Check her out!
We've got more and better ones, but we've got formatting issues. As soon as we can figure that out, I'll post those too. The doc got surprisingly good images for so late in the pregnancy. Typically this far along, good images are hard to come by, just because she's running out of space and is so squished.
So, that's all I've got for now. I still have lots of pictures to post, so while I don't want to promise anything, I will work steading towards doing that this weekend.
Night, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment