Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 weeks to go

I officially do NOT have the time to post--not through the workday anyway--but had to today. Upon our last visit with the doctor, we set a date to induce labor. She's not worried about anything, as the baby is doing everything she should be: she's dropped, is head down, and I'm dilated to one centimeter. So things are progressing just as they should be; not too fast, not too slow.

However, the doctor is a planner and is a big believer in inductions for the sake of monitoring mom and baby and she strikes me as a bit of a control freak. Hmm, remind you of anyone? I am still hoping Abagail decides to start the process on her own (just not too early) but if she doesn't, then that means the 11th is my final day of work. George and I can have a few days off to try and relax and sleep in a few final times and we'll head to the hospital at midnight on the15th to plan for a delivery on the 16th.

So, it struck me today that means that I only have 7 days left at work to get all my crap done. Uh, what? I'm never caught up as it is, but now I'm just coming off of our peak time and I'm trying to get somewhat ahead? 7 days? Where did the time go?????

You know what else that means? That at this time in 2 weeks, odds are I'll either be in quite a lot of pain or Abagail will be here, depending on how quickly things go. 2 weeks? Again, where did the time go????? Am I really ready to be a mom? I have no worries about George and his abilities as a father. He's been ready for years and isn't worried about a thing. Me, on the other hand, is a different question. Taking that baby home scares me to death. Everyone better be right--all that natural maternal instinct had better kick in. Or I'd better be too exhausted to be scared. One of the two.

Anyway, I just felt the need to get that off my chest. It didn't really help and now I need to get back to work. I only have 7 days. Or really, more like 6 days by the time I account for meetings, doctor's appointments, etc. Jeez, now I just lost another day? Oh man . . .

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, honey! The whole mom thing will feel totally natural. Neither Chris nor I had experience with children when we had Eli. It was all so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! Trust me... I am the girl who never changed a diaper until Allison and she is turning out great! :) YEA!!!!! I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's design is marvelous! And he will be beside you through all the fear, the uncertaintly, the joy, and the tears. He has gifted you with a very capable brain and a very compassionate heart--you will do just fine. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete