All, so remember the definitive statements I've been making about "we've got "x" number of days" before Abagail's arrival? Well, I was reminded today how NOT in control I am, no matter how much I think I need to be.
George and I had been on a regular Friday rotation with the doctor for our weekly visits. I got a call from the nurse yesterday, telling me that Dr. Waterman (my ob) wanted to see us today instead of Friday. Hmm, that can't be good. It seems she'd finally gotten the final report from the doctor who had been doing our ultrasounds (he's up at Mercy, so the communication evidently isn't all that fast, as we hadn't seen him in 3-4 weeks.) Apparently, I'm growing a monster child because at the time we'd last seen him, Abagail's belly measurements were in the 95th percentile. OK, that didn't mean anything to us. However, it does to Dr. Waterman.
She's concerned about the size of the baby, not because she's necessarily too big for health reasons, but just because it adds risk to delivery. In her estimation, the safe bet is to do a C-section to be on the safe side. After we went in and listened to all those potential complications, we agreed. So, Abagail will be delivered by C-section. The scary part (for me, anyway) is the fact that the only time we could get scheduled for surgery is Friday. Yes, this Friday. The day after tomorrow. In 2 days. Uh, gulp!
So, tomorrow AM we are headed to the hospital to do the pre-op stuff, then we'll go to work and tie up the loose ends that we can. I have no idea yet what time we'll actually report to the hospital on Friday, but that's all part of what we're supposed to find out tomorrow. Evidently surgery is scheduled for noon, so hopefully by 1:00 or so, we'll be able to send out the good news of her arrival.
In the meantime, please keep us all in your prayers. As unexpected as it was, I am actually fine with the idea of a C-section, but was just not prepared at all for the change in timeline. I thought I would have 2 more days to work and tie up loose ends and that we'd still have the weekend to sleep in one last time, take in one more movie, relax a final time, etc, before our blessing arrives. As God has different plans for us, it seems we'll be spending the weekend at the hospital instead.
So, long story not so short, that's the news from here. Pray for us over the next few days and we'll most certainly keep everyone posted.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am thinking about you! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait! You all are in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting you get to meet your little one! Hoping all goes well today :)
ReplyDelete