Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Latest doctor's visit

George and I went for the usual 4 week checkup yesterday. After our long wait in the waiting room (ah, you've got to love a doctor's schedule, especially an Ob/Gyn's) we finally got in. Initially, I'd thought I'd gained almost 40 pounds until the nurse realized George had his foot on the scale. Nice work, honey. Way to nearly give the pregnant lady a heart attack!

But, the good news is that my blood pressure, weight, and all those other vitals are still right where they should be. The best part was hearing the heartbeat again. It's no wonder some people rent those doppler machines to listen to the heartbeat whenever they want to. To hear our child's heart, pounding away at 143 bpm, was an amazing thing. Since there haven't been any other really obvious indications of pregnancy yet, it's almost easy to forget there really is something in there.

All in all, it was a uneventful visit, with the exception of the heartbeat, of course. But, since I'd forgotten to ask last month and it didn't seem like a good enough reason to call the doctor's office, I did get clearance to eat sushi. Woohoo! Spider rolls, here I come!

Nothing's happening now until we go in on the 21st for our next ultrasound. At that point, they'll check all Junior's vitals, make sure there are 2 kidneys, 4 heart chambers, etc and, if Junior's cooperative, hopefully we'll find out if we can stop calling it it and start calling it him or her. Keep your fingers crossed for a thermostat, as George is convinced I'm growing a turkey instead of a baby and doesn't want the baby delivered until the thermostat pops. Evidently for him, it's boy Junior or nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for a good heartbeat. I could hear your voice and see your facial expression when you were talking about George's foot on the scale. Hope you enjoyed your sushi and are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete