For those of you who are nice enough to read this thing, thank you. I feel I ought to give you something to read, even if I don't have that much to really say just yet. The pregnancy is still really rather boring by alot of women's standards. I'm feeling good, have only put on 5 pounds so far (thank goodness), and still have yet to have that freak out that I know is coming sooner or later. The headaches just won't let up, but all things considered, I'll take them over what so many other women have to endure.
The only bit of excitement that we've had recently--and we being my mom and I, George couldn't have cared less--is that I stumbled upon a children's consignment sale, Sugar and Spice. For all you moms out there, if you haven't heard about it, check them out at http://www.sugarandspiceconsignment.com/. Mom and I went to the Moore sale last week (I got in on the new mom ticket.)
We got some great buys: blankets, bibs, diapers (yes, I want to try cloth diapers at home), onesies, a boppy, a high chair, a play pen, and a sling to carry Junior around in. And we hardly spent anything at all. It was just really hard buying gender neutral stuff. The sale was super organized, everything was clean, well marked, easily sorted. It was great. I'll be honest, I thought it would be like a giant garage sale, but it wasn't. It was fantastic. Now our "spare" room actually has baby stuff in it. Still weirds me out when I open up that closet door . . .
And my good luck continues. I just talked to a friend who wants to give me her maternity clothes--swears she'll never be pregnant again. Wow, have I got to remember this generosity when it's my turn to return the favor. I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for!!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow--cloth diapers! We just tried them this week. I'm surprised by how much I like them! We've got some bumGenius and FuzziBunz. My sister-in-law uses them and I think they're the way to go. A friend of mine also uses cloth exclusively, but she uses an entirely different style of diaper. I could never do it the way she does! But these bumGenius I really, really like! I need to get more soon. We began the experiment with just 4 diapers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that, I'll have to make George read your comment! I think he was convinced they were still squares of fabric you had to pin and didn't realize they were actually in diaper-shape with velcro and everything. Keep me posted on whether you continue to like them or not.
ReplyDelete