Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First attempt

Well folks, this is my first attempt at blogging, so we'll see how it goes. Ordinarily, I'd have nothing of interest to say. George and I lead rather uninteresting, uneventful lives. We work, I just finished grad school, he's plugging away at his bachelor's degree, we tend to watch too much TV, we have a wonderfully sweet but not always-so-bright dog named Bear, and we have a wonderful circle of friends, but we're absolute homebodies.

But, all of that is about to change. Our lives will actually start to get interesting, hence the "need" for the blog. Several weeks ago, we found out that we're going to be parents. We just recently started telling people. Currently, I am 10 weeks along, which makes Junior due in mid-September. We'll be hearing the heartbeat and seeing our first ultrasound in just a couple of days. So far, I've really been feeling relatively normal. With all that normalcy, reality hasn't really sunk in for me yet. I have a feeling that the ultrasound is going to change all that. I'm sure there is going to be more than a moment of "holy cow, there really is a baby in there." That should be followed shortly by "uh, OK. Now what?"

George doesn't worry. I'm the worrier. I worry enough for both of us. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure I'm due for a pure, all-out, panicked, freak out soon enough. What were we thinking? I'm not ready to be a mom! I've only changed one diaper in my life!! How will we pay for a baby? Or daycare? Or braces? Or college? Just you wait, I'll work myself into a tizzy soon enough . . .

3 comments:

  1. Mendy, you will be a wonderful mom!!! I'm super excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey! You sound just like me! Take my advice and relax; enjoy every moment of this time! :) You have over 7 months to worry about everything...take it one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two will be GREAT parents!! What a lucky kid! And I'm so glad you're blogging...totally cool...

    ReplyDelete