Thursday, March 5, 2009

Slight disappointment

Well, this morning was supposed to be our first opportunity to be introduced to Junior. We headed to the doctor's office for the first ultrasound and to hear the heartbeat. Wouldn't you know it that pesky insurance got in the way.

Both me and the doctor's office are new to the HMO George and I picked this year. Lo and behold the necessary referral didn't get done. Who knew you needed a referral for something that occurs in the same doctor's office for which you've already been approved? Well, evidently you do.

So, needless to say we'll have to put off meeting Junior for another week. In trying to find the silver lining, I suppose by the time we go in next week, Junior will be another week along, which should mean a better image--provided Junior cooperates.

And yes, I'm going to keep referring to Junior as Junior. No 'him' or 'her' references. We'll be finding out the sex soon enough, but no maternal instinct has kicked in yet. So far, I have no inkling of what is growing inside, besides a little thing that seems to drain my energy and make me slightly nauseous if I eat too fast.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of pre-birth names:

    While in utero I was Agatha Hopping. Originally, I was just Agatha, but once mom asked daddy if he could "feel Agatha hopping", the moniker stuck.

    One of my own was Billy Bob. The ex insisted he wanted to name the child William Robert, or Wilamina Roberta. He had my permission to do just that in the event I died in childbirth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're being a good sport about the whole insurance thing :-) And I hope you're planning to share the photo of Junior... I'd love to see the peanut! Let me know if you need any help with your blog stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete